3.10.2006

My Commission

Daughters cushion the blow of growing up. It's been years since I've come to terms with the fact that the adults in my life aren't the heroes that I had imagined. Not that they aren't heroes anymore, but they simply become human. Now I realize that it's my turn to be that hero. One day Noelle will grow up and realize (hopefully later than sooner) that I am not the hero she imagined me to be, but in the mean time it's essential for her development to have complete, unwavering trust in her daddy. This "circle of life" kinda gives me a new perspective and brings me joy. It's an incredible responsibility, but also an amazing opportunity. I just pray that I'll live up to it. I want to be my daughters hero, protector, and counselor. I guess I want to model Christ to her. That's what it's all about.

2 Comments:

Blogger Justin Sternberg said...

Too true...

9:57 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Well said.... Some wake up sooner than others.

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home